Friday, April 26, 2013

Going Over the Minutes






Have you been over your minutes with your phone bill? I have. It was one of the choking days of my life when the phone bill arrived. Shock at my AT&T bill of $280.63 for the month of March cause pain in my pocket and anger in myself for going over 500 minutes. My plan is the lowest and simplest. It costs me $40 for the month with 450 minutes and 5000 minutes for weekend and weeknights. It includes roll over for minutes not used and free mobile to mobile with AT&T line. Sounds alright with me for a few years because I only use the phone for calls. I never had go over the 450 minutes for each month. But as time goes by, I got so comfortable with the phone that calling becomes a habit and checking the minutes is the forgotten practice. Now, I am facing this horrible bill that needs to be paid or decisions are to be made in the future.

This is something preventable and I failed to spot it! I personally understand that it was my fault to incur this much bill for a month but my mind was racing for someone to blame for my mistake but hope to deal with it in a diplomatic way.

I called AT & T for help. I talk to a customer service representative and found out that it costs me 45 cents for each minute and that is ridiculous!  Knowing how much it costs me for 1 minute all the more add to my anger.  I ask if there is a way to help me out from paying this much. The lady at the other end said to me that it might be good for me to upgrade to a higher plan. The higher plan would be $59 a month for  900 minutes and unlimited weekend and weeknights. I told her that is too much for me and can not afford that. Continuing to tell me that upgrading would prevent me from incurring high cost of paying 45 cents a minute when  it happens again. I explain to her that this is the first time it happen and I hope the company would be kind enough to help out as I have been with AT & T for 10 years. I also mentioned that other mobile companies charge the same amount with unlimited calls, text and web as I've seen on TV advertisements. She then told me what separated AT & T with other companies blah blah blah...., which I don't want to hear  except if she'd give me a credit for my bill which is a thin chance. She offered me a $50 credit to which she said that normally they only allow $25. That is all she can do and she called her supervisor to process the transaction but with a catch - I have to upgrade to higher plan. That threw me off and decided to cut off the call with a vision - I will be switching when the time comes for me to end this contract.

If the other company can offer the same monthly fee with unlimited calls, text and web, why should I stick with AT & T  that doesn't care for me who has been with AT &T for 10 years.


Family Canteen
Veianet Online Store
Love Crisis
Join Free and Earn Instantly

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is for entertainment purposes only. All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is provided for educational or entertainment purposes only.
Articles are from different sources and may not be accurate. I do not own all of the blogs.
The information given are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, nor is this information meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or to prevent any disease of any kind. This blog assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. Your use of this site indicates your agreement to these terms and to always use with caution.
Read at your own risk. Do more research when you are in doubt. I enjoyed this article and hope you will, too. Thank you.