Wednesday, April 25, 2018

The Cockroach

Something In My Folder

“Oh no, a cockroach in my folder.” I whispered to myself. Caught by surprise, my voice wasn’t soft enough to escape the ears of my classmate. Everyone around me, all eyes on my folder. The roach may have been surprise as well for when I opened my folder, it stood on four legs with antennae wriggling from side to side, eyes straight to my eyeball. Must be glad there was light at the end of this folder tunnel that kept him in the dark. I shook the cockroach off and the roach fell on the floor.



Now, three pairs of eyes on the floor, Jay, Joe, Jane and Jack, all silently wonder what the roach would do in a classroom full of six graders. The roach tried to hide by the chair’s leg. But it was scary to be surrounded by giants with hands and legs. The furniture fixtures are bigger than a roaches’ colony; there is no way to escape but a roach is a roach. So, it acts like one. With or without protection, the roach started to move around to find some place to hide. The tiny cockroach moves across to Jay’s, tried to hide by the chair’s leg, waiting for a chance to escape from this monstrous world. Jay, feeling gross upon seeing the cockroach, got up to get a tissue. He wipes himself as if it would take away the word gross from the dictionary and just disappear.  I looked at Jay and he was a bit shaky. How someone big, is scared of a tiny creature, the size of a dot compared to his giant self? I question myself.   I keep myself cool but in my mind, I won’t dare touch the tiny creature myself. They cling into your skin like spiders do, crawling and tickling you, making goose bumps all over you. Yuicks!!! But I have to keep cool or Jay and the rest of the class will be laughing at me. Ms. M, our homeroom teacher always point out to us every single day that we are in 6th grade and ought to act like one. We handle situations like 6th graders do. No panicking and screaming because of one tiny roach trying to find its way home. For how it came upon to hide in my folder, I do not know.



I am dealing with the yucky thought of having the roach in my folder, inhabit for a whole night. I wonder what it was doing and what did it touch while in there? I do not like to even think that it might have crawled all over my folder, touching every bit of all my papers and everything in it. I wonder if it pooed in there or ate anything out of my folder. I can’t even think right, can’t spell the word poo correctly or is there a word for that? Or maybe the roach if female, laid eggs while in my folder last night. Oh so many horrible thoughts in my mind, I wish the roach dead! From now one, I will make sure my folder is zipped and no more laying around at night!



Dragging its four legs, it moved from place to place, looking for cover. Everyone was paying attention to the roach, wishing it won’t come close to them. Fortunately, we have a sub today, Mr. B. He is an old guy, around 60 yrs old he’d tell us. He is kind of cool but not very quick to our hidden tactics or maybe he was trying to be nice. This time the roach crawled to where Jane was sitting. Jane is two rows before me and likes to play with her chair. She likes gymnastics, I believe. As she balance her chair using it’s back leg, the roach came crawling to it and Jane fell on the floor, with the roach under one of the chair’s back leg, and you know what happen. A big thunderous laugh in the classroom, seeing Jane on her butt and the roach died instantly. Mr. B joined in the fun while telling Jane to remember that a chair is for sitting, not for playing. Little did he know about the roach’s fate and nobody noticed.




My wish is granted. Cross my fingers…










Family Canteen
Veianet Online Store
Love Crisis
Fanbox Experience

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is for entertainment purposes only. All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is provided for educational or entertainment purposes only.
Articles are from different sources and may not be accurate. I do not own all of the blogs.
The information given are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, nor is this information meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or to prevent any disease of any kind. This blog assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. Your use of this site indicates your agreement to these terms and to always use with caution.
Read at your own risk. Do more research when you are in doubt. I enjoyed this article and hope you will, too. Thank you.