Thursday, August 19, 2010

Garage Sale on the Main Street

Just hitting the road to get home when I spotted a garage sale on the main street with so many frames on display. It might be a good thing to check since I have been looking for frames for some pictures to display.

Outside their fence lined up big and small picture frames, different designs, shapes and sizes. First frame that attracted me was the real wood, oval shaped frame with a picture of painted flowers in a pink matte. It looked use but for $10.00, it will be a good buy. On the other side of the fence, clustered 3 pieces, 1 medium size and 2 small frames in metallic paint and also cost $10.00 for all. These are those common print for display mostly seen in houses. Well, I can change the print when tired of it, my thought. Then a frame with the last supper print is standing next with a Hecho en Mexico mark on back of frame is what I have been looking for a while, even thought of painting it myself but with nothing to copy with, it will take me years to paint one myself. I was grinning at myself at the moment because I was being ambitious, dreaming of becoming a famous painter one day. Or maybe I'll be famous painting houses someday, who knows??? Hah! It will probably take me years to do that...or maybe when I'm dead as most painters becomes famous when they are already dead.

Anyway, as I was loading all the frames, remembered that my husband was looking for a big frame for his motorcycle print and even went to the gallery to inquire how much it would cost him to frame that cheap print days ago. When I heard about it, told him to wait a little longer and I'll find him a frame in one of those garage sale and here it is, Perfect size for his motorcycle print.
For all the frames, I paid $39.00, seems high to me but better than buying at a gallery which might cost me 4 or five times more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is for entertainment purposes only. All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is provided for educational or entertainment purposes only.
Articles are from different sources and may not be accurate. I do not own all of the blogs.
The information given are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, nor is this information meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or to prevent any disease of any kind. This blog assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. Your use of this site indicates your agreement to these terms and to always use with caution.
Read at your own risk. Do more research when you are in doubt. I enjoyed this article and hope you will, too. Thank you.